OK, I sent the entries to the Beyond You & Me Contest to the real Cassie, and she was impressed. In fact, it was difficult for her to pick a winner, so she picked two: one for "best entry" and another for "closest to reality." The winners are:
First Prize Winner (B&W signed photo): Best overall-- Demon Queen
First Prize Winner (B&W signed photo): Closest to the real Cassie-- Freya
Second Prize Winner (signed Beyond You & Me t-shirt): John Martin
Third Prize Winner (no prize, just glory): Alice
Here are the winning answers. Feel free to judge for yourself.
First Prize (best overall)
1. Still living?
No. I have her body in my trunk as we speak.
2. Married, divorced, single?
Yes, she is now a Mormon. She has also been widowed several times... apparently men spontaneously combust in her presence.
3. What kind of work is she doing?
She wrestles gators in an Old West show. No wait... she mud wrestles in a gator skin outfit. I don't know but she is always covered in mud.
4. Is she a Republican, Democrat or Independent?
She started a movement called Daughters of the American Revolution. I told her that name is taken. She won't listen to me! She bought a high powered rifle and now lives in a cabin in the Ozarks.
5. Gay, bisexual or straight?
Well she was gay, but I told her that she just hadn't had the 'right' woman. I had sex with her. She is now straight. Scared straight heheh
6. Childless or has kids?
Has a daughter who alternately calls her the coolest mom in the world and then begs her NOT to tell anymore of her college stories in front of her friends.
I think they ALL do that.
7. What kinds of music does she listen to?
Jug bands... Ozarks remember?
8. Where does she live now?
Are you deaf? Errrrrrr blind? I already answered that.
9. Did she ever attend college? Was it Yale?
Yes she went. No not Yale. I believe she attended the Patty Hearst College of Fine Arts and Munitions.
10. Still keeps a journal? Writes a blog? Is too busy for either?
She has both but wrotes them both in code. She can't remember the code herself for security reasons. She is paranoid because the FBI planted microchips in her fillings. You do realize how angry she will be when she finds that I have divulged all of her secrets?
She will think I am one of THEM!
First Prize (most true-to-life)
1. Still living? Not everyone made it out of the Sexual Revolution alive - Yes, she's still alive.
2. Married, divorced, single? Married now but divorced once. He's 15 years her junior and doesn't care that she has a girlfriend.
3. What kind of work is she doing? She owns a bookstore/coffeeshop that has edgy readings monthly.
4. Is she a Republican, Democrat or Independent? She's still a democrat but they piss her off, and she wants them to toughen up and stand for something again.
5. Gay, bisexual or straight? Bisexual.
6. Childless or has kids? Childfree by choice.
7. What kinds of music does she listen to? Jazz.
8. Where does she live now? Connecticut, within easy distance to NYC, but still far enough away to have the peace.
9. Did she ever attend college? Was it Yale? Yes, no, NYU.
10. Still keeps a journal? Writes a blog? Is too busy for either? She'll always keep a journal. She keeps a small blog and does not share her true identity.
1: It is strange, being a very new member, and the first Name that pops up in the blog is CC. I knew her when I was living in the North Shore community of Roslyn Harbor on Long Island. She was a friend who commuted to Manhattan and worked in a Jewelry place up on the 20 something floor of the Empire State Building. It isn't polite to ask a young lady her age but I guess she was about 36 years old.
2. If she was married she didn't let on to me, and I never asked. One day when I was waiting at Jamaica to switch trains she was there and as the other train went by she told me that it made her a little chilled under her skirt, and it took me about a month to discover why.
3. Her job was like taking candy from a baby. She bought the gold by the ounce and didn't give a dime for style, stone, or cut. I was in the wrong business.
4. Like a whole lot more of us she was still a Democrat, but we were a little off on all the stuff of that era.
5. Again I didn't ask. She was really friendly with a few of the local ladies but when it came to finding the empty carriage at the rear of the 10.30 a.m. train before going into the tunnel she wasn't backward. She would sit a little sideways on my lap to get her morning joy ride while the lights were dim. It was a little something we tried now and again on a dull morning. It sure beat coffee.
6. She didn't seem be too different from all of our crowd. She never mentioned kids. What we couldn't afford sometimes happened and a few of us has one or two children.
7. This is a hard one. She never carried one of those walkman things so I haven't a clue. Blues? I don't think so. More like red hot jazz.
8. She never talked of New Haven, if she had ever lived there. As far as I knew she had a place with all that gingerbread and lived with the old hippy crowd somewhere in Sea Cliff.
9. What the hell would a smart blond like her do with a scrap of paper from Yale. In her job she had it in spades.
10. Oh yeah. That damn journal. I wonder if she ever wrote in that about some of the times we crawled home smelling of sex and half blasted. She was just one of the best. When I think about it this may not be the same young lady that some of you seemed to know.
1. She is alive and well and made it through the times, of course I'm not going to let her be dead.
3. She is writing novels mostly political in nature but a rare erotic novel partially biographical but mostly fiction under a name de plume has surfaced over the last twenty years or so.
4. Flaming liberal she is.
5. She is celibate and still pondering.
6. One child, a girl.
7. Still listens to the Blues the love of it never fades.
8. She lives overlooking the Hudson River.
9. She did indeed attend Yale but it was much later as she has been out a mere ten years.
10. She writes a blog but it is private, it will of course be published after her death and her daughter will reap the rewards of her lifetime.
Prize winners please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address and I'll send out the prizes.